Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Time To Get Serious About This

I've not been very diligent in posting to my blog. I suspect it has a lot to do with what is going on in my life. It's not that there is a lot of really important stuff or extraordinary things happening in my life. It just hasn't been a priority. (I guess I could blame it on too much Facebook and Twitter posting.) So, I am going to try to do a better job at this.

God has blessed me tremendously. Not long ago I posted on Twitter that I set out to count my blessings and got stuck on the first one because it was so great: God sent Jesus to die on the cross for my sin. But today I'm focused on other blessings.

Several years ago our son married a wonderful Christian lady and they have given us two granddaughters. We have another grandchild on the way. They are currently enjoying time at Disney World.

God also blessed us with a delightful and beautiful daughter. Tomorrow morning we are flying to Jamaica to attend her wedding ceremony. She is marrying a young man who has demonstrated to me that he loves her deeply. Here's the really cool thing. Not only do I get to give her away in marriage, I even get to perform the wedding ceremony!

God blessed us with two wonderful children who made professions of faith at a young age. As I enjoy the Facebook postings of my son's family time in Florida, and as I prepare to fly to Jamaica for my daughter's wedding, I cannot stop praising the Lord for the blessing of loving Christian children.

No comments: